- This event has passed.
Boston Bloggers Meetup: No More BS!
July 23, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Learn to write without jargon in this fast-paced workshop. Josh Bernoff, nationally recogninized author, leads you through the steps of creating more compelling, effective written materials by eliminating the BS we all dread:
BS is any form of communication that does not communicate accurately and clearly. This includes any of the following (regrettably, this is not a complete list):
- passive voice and other constructions that hide the actors in a piece of writing
- overuse of meaningless qualifying words (e.g., “generally,” “very,” “deeply”)
- opinions presented as statements of fact
- statistics presented without sources, out of context, or in a misleading way
- use of “linked to” & vague predictions presented as common knowledge
Candor is the opposite of bullshit. Candor is truth presented with integrity, plainly and without deception.
Learn to eliminate BS in your and others’ writing and write clear, honest, and effective prose.