- This event has passed.
Communicating in Times of Crisis
June 23, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Join us to learn how to approach marketing and communicating with customers during a time of great social and economic uncertainty.
How can we communicate about our products and services in times when our global and local conversations are about issues much bigger than ourselves? How can we avoid coming across as exploitative or callous, while still keeping a connection with our customers?
On Tuesday, learn from a panel discussion among leading communicators about how to communicate in times of crisis. In this practical session, you will learn how to:
- “Read the room” and understand the sentiment of your stakeholders
- Show your support for causes you believe in while not exploiting causes for your brand
- Listen more than you speak at important times
- Develop a communications plan in changing times
- Communicate your value proposition to consumers in times of economic uncertainty
As brands, we have responsibilities to our communities that we want to honor. How to communicate in these times while we face challenges in building our businesses, supporting causes that matter to us, and being responsible citizens involves acquiring new skills. Together, we’ll start to learn these skills. We’ll also leave with practical tips for our next campaigns.
This event is put on in partnership with Thoughtlight.