- This event has passed.
Impact Hub/CIC Masterminding Session
October 30, 2018 @ 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Come join us for a lively session of Solopreneur Masterminding!
What is Masterminding?
A Mastermind session is like a facilitated brainstorming session. At each session, one attendee brings a specific issue they’re wrestling with in their business, and together, a small group (6-8) will (facilitated by a coach) offer perspective, insight, advice and ideas to help them navigate this challenge.
Masterminds present an opportunity not only for the person on the ‘hotseat,’ to get help with their issue, but for attendees to collaborate and gain cross-functional business knowledge from other solopreneurs. You can check out the FAQs below.
We recently launched a Masterminding series at One Broadway, and after the first session attendees begged to be able to pre-register for the next one!
If you are the person on the ‘hotseat’ you will:
- Have 25-40 minutes of focused attention on you, and your business issue
- Gain fresh perspective, insight and advice of a small group of diverse, and interested fellow solopreneurs.
- Be guided and supported by the a facilitating coach who will ensure that the conversation is constructive, focused and guided towards providing you with meaningful, tangible solutions you can take back to you business and implement right away.
If you are part of the masterminding group, you will:
- Enjoy an invigorating discussion on challenges you may be facing in your own business
- Have the opportunity to collaborate with, and support fellow solopreneurs.
- Learn about others’ businesses, build relationships, and gain new perspectives and ideas.
- Flex your entrepreneurial problem-solving muscles and think about something other than your own work for 25-40 minutes.
What if I’m nervous about sharing sensitive/confidential information in a ‘public’ group?
Everyone in the group will be asked to maintain confidences — what happens in a Mastermind group stays in a Mastermind group. However, you definitely should not share any information that could compromise your business.
How do I get to be on the ‘Hotseat?’
If I’m on the hotseat, should I bring a really technical issue or something incredibly specific to my industry/business to the group?
Probably not. You are going to get more useful help and insight if you bring a more general business challenge. Something that others will also likely have encountered or are able to quickly get up to speed on. Remember, there will always be diverse experiences and perspectives in the room, which is awesome, but not necessarily super helpful to your unique coding challenge.
Who will be facilitating these Mastermind sessions?
Sessions will be facilitated by Boston Solopreneur Meetup organizer and certified business coach, Victoria Dew, SCMP.