- This event has passed.
May 5, 2017 @ 9:00 am - May 7, 2017 @ 8:00 pm
The Momentum training is an intensive 3-day training designed to give organizers the tools to build progressive popular social movements to win on the most pressing justice issues of our time.
What is Momentum?
Momentum is a collectively-run training institute and movement incubator, dedicated to understanding and building transformative social movements. Our training curriculum covers:
- Designing the DNA: story, strategy, and structure of powerful transformative social movements that win through the support of the public.
- How to grow your movement through cycles of action and absorption.
- Communicating your vision and goals in a way the public can understand.
- The difference between effective and counter-productive protests—how to claim the moral high ground and inspire mass support.
- Planning in advance to absorb people outraged by “trigger events” such as mass deportation raids, declaration of a Muslim registry, etc.
- Case studies from successful popular movements, including the Birmingham campaign, ACT UP, Indian independence movement, and others.