- This event has passed.
Open Project Night Boston + Sustainability Meetup: April 2019
April 2, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
We open our space the first Tuesday night of each month for you to join forces with other social impact movers and shakers to make Boston better! You can come jump in on a project, or bring a social impact project of your own.
Come host small events, co-work, network, trade skills and get involved!
At Open Project Night you can:
- Network with local people who share an interest in a better Boston, Cambridge, and beyond. Imagine together, share opportunities to get involved, and trade skills.
- Work on existing local project ideas or come to work on your own (white boards provided, laptops are not).
- Host your event or meeting in one of our meeting spaces (fit 4-6 comfortably), as long as you’re open to others joining you!
What kind of projects are we talking about?
- Meet Up for Environmental Sustainability groups/Sustainable Devleopment Goals 11, 12, 13, 14 & 15: Working in environmental sustainability in Boston and want to connect with others passionate about this issue? Join us for an informal meet up/networking session.
We’ll update you as additional projects are added to the session, and you can apply to bring your project here!
In previous OPNs, we’ve had:
- Emerson Prison Initiative (EPI); EPI will host a discussion on fundraising strategies. The Emerson Prison Initiative provides high-quality college courses to people incarcerated in Massachusetts. EPI’s mission is to democratize access to tertiary education for those who have been historically marginalized or otherwise unable to attend college. Visit http://epi.emerson.edu/ for more information.
- Creative Protest: Jeneba Mansaray is a designer looking for feedback and insight around her clothing brand, Mansaraé. Mansaraé is a symbol of unity within diversity, and it is Jeneba’s Creative Protest for the Unity conciousness. Unity Conciousness is ultimately thinking and acting in ways that unite us to ourselves to nature, to others etc.
- Emotional Intelligence & Mindfulness for Leadership: In this interactive session, you’ll learn simple yet powerful tools that you can use immediately at work and in life to manage your attention, focus on what matters most, and communicate effectively to lead with influence and impact.
- Impact Hub Mexico: Visitors from our sister Hubs in Mexico will be pitching their social ventures, and looking for your feedback and insights!
- sySTEMic Flow: sySTEMic flow aims to advance STEM learning to young Black girls in the Boston area. We are looking to have a focus group with educators in the field and others that would support this kind of project.
- Majorwise Business Network: Majorwise enables high schools to build amazing work-based learning programs to connect their students with local opportunities and prepare them for their future.
- RE2020: What will the real estate industry look like in year 2020? Should RE2020 cohost an unconference spanning the housing, real estate & smart city ecosystem before the Realtors national convention in Boston, 11/2-5/18, or use MIT’s uLab to make sense of changes in the real estate ecosystem and turn ideas into prototypes over the next three months?