- This event has passed.
The Secret Life of Speaking Up: A Four-Hour Workshop for Advanced Speakers
April 23, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Maybe you’ve gotten over your fear of public speaking and now you want to know how to build your skills so you can move an audience to action. How do you take a notebook full of ideas and turn them into an inspirational and informative talk? Look no further! In this special four-hour intensive workshop, you’ll get the skills and training you need to present your ideas with power and confidence while in front of a crowd.
- learn how to improvise and think on your feet
- write and deliver a speech and receive feedback
- find out how to raise your profile in your company and industry through speaking
- Two improvisational games to teach additional communication skills
- Presentation complete with strategies, stories, and tips for practical application
- Experiential learning through individual and small group exercises
- Reflection/discussion time
- Fun + transformation!
- All participants get a signed copy of “The Secret Life of Speaking Up Prequel: 30 Tiny Speaking Adventures”
- Light refreshments will be served.
- All participants will build a “SpeakUp Action Plan” to take home.
- This event is sponsored by Brenda Loan Baker and Innerovation. Learn about them here: http://innerovation.com
About the presenter: Angela Lussier is an award-winning speaker, five-time author, two-time TEDx presenter, and CEO and founder of the Speaker Sisterhood, a network of speaking clubs that help women discover, awaken, and create their voice through the art of public speaking. Angela is the host of Claim the Stage, a public speaking podcast for women rated #1 on the inspiring podcasts list by Forbes in 2017. She is a contributor to Huffington Post and her work has been featured on ABC, NBC, Forbes, Virgin, and Entrepreneur. Her motto: Stop waiting. Start creating. Learn more about Speaker Sisterhood at www.speakersisterhood.com