Looking to get networked quickly?
Excited to help build out a vibrant community of social innovators?
Interested in contributing your time and talent, rather than your dollars?
Our work-trade program could be for you!
In exchange for a full Cowork Membership at Impact Hub Boston (currently valued at $400/month), you could be a part of the team that supports basic operations, member networking, and community building, OR contribute to a long term project using a specialized skill set. Read on for more information.
The next cohort runs from January 20, 2020 to July 30, 2020, calling for an 8 hour/week commitment. If you are applying for the this upcoming cohort, please note that our Friday, January 31st Orientation is mandatory and runs from 10am to 4pm.
The team, overall, is a group of professionals, makers, entrepreneurs, students, and leaders who help us keep our community connected, vibrant, and logistically functioning. They are basically super-members that help us run the place. Impact Hubs all around the world have similar programs; each one is designed to fit the unique local context of its Hub, but across the board they are a big part of what makes us special as a network. We are a community that is quite literally run by our members! At least in part.
Our Hosts are connectors, inspirers, and facilitators. They grow to know our many members who are pursuing creative, impactful solutions to local and global challenges – be they for-profit or non-profit ventures – and seek to connect with resources and with each other. We are seeking people who are observant, dependable, socially conscious, who do not have a problem helping out with logistics around the space ‘getting your hands dirty,’ and who love to be around other people.
All members of our work-trade program receive full Cowork Membership here at Impact Hub Boston, including 24/7 access to our cowork space, reasonable conference room use at no additional charge, and more. Check out our memberships page for all the juicy details.
And don’t forget – being a full member is not the only benefit. This tight-knit team offers a fast track to getting connected. By default, our team is constantly meeting other members and
WHICH ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Impact Hub Boston’s work-trade team includes two kinds of positions: (1) Community Hosts and (2) Project Support Roles. Each requires different skillsets and availability…
- Daytime Host: Serve as a vital connector and community facilitator for Impact Hub, help with operations work, and join a team of hosts for work on a special project.
- Connect Member Host: Be the face of Impact Hub for our Connect Members during their Tuesday Night Coworking hours. Do all the things that a daytime host does, but with a special eye towards making our Connect Members feel connected and involved in the space.
PROJECT SUPPORT ROLES
- Public Programming Support: Work closely with Hub staff to plan and execute monthly public programming, including skill building workshops and Open Project Nights. If you have a demonstrated history or successful programming design and/or execution, just submit an application below and the Hub Team will fill you in on the details.
- Blog & Social Media Content Support: Collaborate with Hub on conceptualizing a social media strategy across Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, and lead on implementation of this strategy. Compose tweets and posts and strategically push content online. If you have professional experience in media/marketing, just submit an application below and the Hub Team will fill you in on the details.
- Arts Support: Bring your unique skills and expertise in the arts to this role to work with Hub staff on curation of a rotating display of visual art in the Hub space, and plan and execute arts related programming around social justice topics. If you have experience in the arts, just submit an application below and the Hub Team will fill you in on the details.