Join Our Work-Trade Team for January-July 2019!Through our work-trade program, you can help us build a vibrant community of social innovators and entrepreneurs in exchange for a full Impact Hub Boston membership. The cohort runs from January 14, 2019 to July 26, 2019, calling for an 8 hour/week commitment. If you are applying for the Jan-July 2019 Cohort, please note that our January 25th Orientation is mandatory and runs from 10am to 4:30pm. APPLY BELOW, just scroll down for the application.
General Work-Trade Information
Impact Hub Boston's work-trade team includes two kinds of positions: (1) Community Hosts and (2) Project Support. The team, overall, is a group of professionals, makers, entrepreneurs, students, and leaders who help us keep our community connected, vibrant, and logistically functioning. They are full members of the Hub with 24/7 access to our shared workspace, but they also help us run the place! Impact Hubs all around the world have similar programs; each one is designed to fit the unique local context of its Hub, but across the board they are a big part of what makes us special as a network - we are a community that is quite literally run by our members! Or, at least in part. Our Hosts are connectors, inspirers, and facilitators. They grow to know our many members who are pursuing creative, impactful solutions to local and global challenges - be they for-profit or non-profit ventures - and seek to connect with resources and with each other. We are seeking people who are observant, dependable, socially conscious, who do not have a problem helping out with logistics around the space ‘getting your hands dirty,’ and who love to be around other people. Read a more detailed description of all of the roles here.
Available Work-Trade Roles
- Daytime Host: Serve as a vital connector and community facilitator for Impact Hub, help with operations work, and join a team of hosts for work on a special project.
- Connect Member Host: Be the face of Impact Hub for our Connect Members during their Tuesday Night Coworking hours. Do all the things that a daytime host does, but with a special eye towards making our Connect Members feel connected and involved in the space.
- Public Programming Support: Work closely with Hub staff to plan and execute monthly public programming, including skill building workshops and Open Project Nights.
- Blog & Social Media Content Support: Collaborate with Hub on conceptualizing a social media strategy across Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, and lead on implementation of this strategy. Compose tweets and posts and strategically push content online.
- Arts Support: Bring your unique skills and expertise in the arts to this role to work with Hub staff on curation of a rotating display of visual art in the Hub space, and plan and execute arts related programming around social justice topics
- Graphic Design Support: Complete graphic design project as agreed upon with Hub staff, in exchange for membership upon completion.